Sorry for the delay in today’s post.
I was up to after midnight last night talking to the amazing Darcy, from Graphically Designing, about my switch over to Wordpress. She gave me a great training session on how to use it.
I am hoping to make the BIG MOVE by Friday. I can’t wait for you to see my new blog design! :)
So I had to go to work this morning and this is the first chance I have had to post.
I started writing a post about how yesterday marked the ninth month of Mom’s passing. I wrote about how much has happened since she passed away… and then that deep pain of loss began rising to the surface again.
And it hurt.
To be honest, I sometimes just try not to “go there”.
You know what I mean?
I try no to “go” to that painful place where the realization that I will never see my mom again here on earth lies.
Or the place where I realize I will never hear her sweet voice or feel her loving hugs again.
Or the place where I get angry with God about why He allowed this to happen.
Have you ever been “there” before?
It’s a very painful place, and honestly, I have been avoiding it.
But I know it’s a place I need to “go” to soon.
And I need to stay there a while.
And I will have to endure the hurt and the loss.
And I will need to cry.
But today, I’m not going “there”.
I need to smile and laugh.
And Mom would be so glad I did.
I found a document in her computer files that made me laugh because it is so “Mom”.
She loved cute little quotes and sayings.
So for fun, I want to share this one with you.
Good Stuff to Know
1. God wants spiritual fruit…not religious nuts.
2. Dear God, I have a problem…it’s Me.
3. Growing old is inevitable…growing UP is optional.
4. There is no key to happiness…the door is always open.
5. Silence is often misinterpreted but never misquoted.
6. Do the math…count your blessings.
7. Faith is the ability not to panic.
8. Laugh everyday…it’s like inner jogging.
9. If you worry, you didn’t pray…if you pray, don’t worry.
10. As a child of God, prayer is like calling home everyday.
11. Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.
12. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
13. The most important “things” in your house are the people.
14. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still, so He can untangle the knot.
Thanks, Mom, for still making me smile!
And thank YOU for letting me share the thoughts …
Beneath My Heart.